Job Title: [2yrs Contract] Assistant Director (Finance Systems), Corporate Planning & Support
IPOS International, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore, aims to catalyse industry and enterprise growth by providing IP expertise. To achieve this, we will offer committed and passionate individuals a place where their talent and opinions are valued. To succeed as an organisation, we believe in empowering individuals while working as a team of professionals with honesty and displaying integrity as core values. We invest heavily in our people to get the training and development they need to succeed.
How you can contribute
IPOS International Finance has embarked on a Transformation journey, and we are looking at enhancing our digital capabilities as part of our ongoing transformation efforts. The Finance Department is looking for an energetic project manager to manage and drive the successful implementation of this project. He/ She will partner with group finance and external outsource vendors to roll out an intelligent enterprise accounting system for better reporting, and more timely information and drive value through insights that can speed up finance processes and increase efficiency. The successful candidate will oversee the project from inception to go live and postproduction support.
Fundamental to the role will be a clear understanding of ground Finance operations and the use of management information, application enhancements and data analytics to drive task automation for success.
Systems Implementation to Deployment
- Review and evaluate all the proposals for a ‘replacement/new’ financial system and outsource vendor, practices, and policies of II, eliminate poor practices and implement improvements in the replacement/new system.
- Roll-out of new financial systems including design, testing and support to staff at all levels on the implementation of new configuration specifications to align with business requirements.
- Responsible for providing solutions for issues in the systems and ensuring correct system configuration related to any change. (Involve in customisation of functional specifications and proper set up of authorisation matrix. Work with system vendor to discover and adapt Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).)
- Collaborate with Procurement colleagues to integrate the purchase order module with procurement software.
- Develop process documentation guidelines and standard operating policies consistent with corporate policies and end-user training and support materials.
Project Lead /Business Partnering
- Act as a key agent/project lead towards driving transformational change to improve end-to-end processes within Finance.
- Provide day-to-day administration, management, and support of the ‘replacement/new’ financial system and software. This includes developing and/or sending out ongoing communications to users regarding process and system operation. Presenting and sharing status to leadership and Heads of Departments at key milestones.
- Work collaboratively and directly with the business units' HODs to understand and translate business needs and develop appropriate solutions.
- Address any internal audit compliance matters.
Are you the one? Please write to us if you have/are:
- Degree in Accountancy, Finance, Business Administration, Business Analytics or equivalent
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in Finance systems project management and implementation, preferably in recent implementation, development, process re-engineering and support of Microsoft Dynamics 365 interfaces and usage of MS Office.
- Experience in Change Management
- Strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment including the ability to work collaboratively with business users, IT staff and various levels of management.
- Strong project management skills, with demonstrated ability to multi-task and to complete assigned tasks in a timely and accurate manner with limited supervision.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills to manage complex process and technology issues.
- Proven history of successful problem-solving with a strong sense of ownership
- Attention to detail, strong personal organisational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Highly developed visual reporting and presentation skills
- Strong writing and oral communication skills are a must.
- Public sector experience is a plus.
This is a 2-year contract position with the opportunity for conversion to a permanent role, subject to the individual's performance and availability at the end of the contract.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to [email protected]