Head, Information Technology (IT)
About IPOS International
IPOS International, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intellectual Property Office of Singapore, aims to catalyze industry and enterprise growth by providing IP expertise. To achieve this, we will offer committed and passionate individuals a place where their talent and opinions are valued. To succeed as an organization, we believe in empowering individuals while working as a team of professionals with honesty and displaying integrity as core values. We invest heavily in our people so that they get the training and development they need to succeed.
How you can contribute
As part of the Corporate Planning & Support (CPS) Unit and leadership team of IPOS International, you will oversee the technology roadmap and digital transformation strategy.
You will provide advice and guidance on the strategic adoption of IT to meet the business objectives and operational needs of the organization.
This position combines technology stewardship and strategic business partnership to enable the timely and effective adoption of emerging technologies to meet business needs.
Business Partnering and Analysis:
• Lead a team to partner with Senior Management and Heads of Department (HOD)s to oversee the organization’s IT strategy including upgrading/replacement and development of new tools for existing and future applications and infrastructure.
• Establish workplans, activities, performance tracking mechanisms etc. to support and translate business strategies, with a view to encourage innovation and collaboration, enhance operational effectiveness through digitalization and service delivery.
• Conduct risk evaluations and proactively anticipate and manage risks through scenario planning and updating management, Audit Committee and Board of Directors, as needed.
• Work with Finance Dept and proactively engage HODs on IT yearly financial budgeting and re-forecasting exercises to ensure robust planning and performance management/utilization.
• Manage and oversee the development of:
- The organization’s technology stack - identify opportunities to harmonize IT applications, to achieve synergies with the organization’s IT infrastructure and architecture.
- New technologies – assess their potential value-add and relevance for adoption within the organization.
- IT policies and standards – ensure compliance and proper governance standards (including SOPs, security, and audit standards and certifications etc.) of the organization’s digital assets and the corresponding audits.
- Cyber security including data loss prevention, architecture and policy, incident response etc.
• Guide and support team members (including overseeing the management of outsourced vendors and subcontractors) meeting desired outcomes and individual professional growth.
• Manage the team’s budget and resource allocation (e.g., cost analysis, assessment of value and risks of proposals for the organization’s IT systems).
• Procurement activities: assess and review IT team requirement submissions to ensure IT spending is optimized and apply specialist knowledge to conduct evaluation of proposals effectively maintaining high standards of integrity and transparency throughout the value chain.
Are you the one? Please write to us if you have/are:
• Proven track record in a CIO/CTO function or its equivalent.
• At least 15 years of technical experience with at least 5 years in a leadership role, having planned and executed large-scale end-to-end IT projects (budget of greater than >$5M).
• Experience working with / in public agencies is desired.
• Energetic self-starter who is service-oriented with good interpersonal skills, able to multitask and has strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong writing and oral communication skills are a must.
• Passionate about work and committed to excellence.
• Knowledge of and interest in intellectual property is advantageous.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to [email protected] or go to this link - https://impress.ai/html-widget/chat-widget/6840823f-b5f1-42aa-99ad-879184c5008e/
You Might Be Interested In
Associate Patent Examiner (Patent Search, Examination and Analytics)
Associate IP Strategist