Senior Assistant Director (Procurement) [Finance, Corporate Planning & Support]
Job Title: Senior Assistant Director (Procurement) [Finance, Corporate Planning & Support]
About IPOS International
IPOS International, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore, aims to catalyse industry and enterprise growth by providing IP expertise. To achieve this, we will offer committed and passionate individuals a place where their talent and opinions are valued. To succeed as an organisation, we believe in empowering individuals while working as a team of professionals with honesty and displaying integrity as core values. We invest heavily in our people so that they get the training and development they need to succeed.
The Procurement Unit plays a critical role in executing the organisation’s and department’s objectives including guiding and advising departments on appropriate procurement strategies, performing procurement trend analysis and ensuring robust governance. Key success factors include the ability to influence all levels of the organisation through impactful communications, passion, business partnering and collaboration.
These include but are not limited to the following:
Business Partnering & Analysis
• Collaborate with IPOS, holding company Procurement Unit and lead the Procurement function within II, formulating procurement strategies, policies, and procedures, upholding procurement governance, and maintaining high standards of integrity and transparency throughout the value chain.
• Oversee tender and evaluation processes, provide guidance to business users on complex specification requirements, assess submissions to ensure spending is optimised and apply specialist procurement knowledge to evaluate proposals effectively.
• Guide end-users on contract management and provide advice on contractual obligations, devise methods for effective control of contract performance.
• Champion new ideas, facilitate procurement activities and review procurement processes to improve how procurement is done. Drive continuous improvement of procurement operations for efficiency; streamline processes and minimise the potential for fraud, wastage and errors.
• Work closely with Legal Dept in rolling out contract management (tie-ins with Procurement (in FY23/24)) and Finance Depart to implement Purchase Order Module (in FY24), as part of Accounting Software rollout.
• Conduct risk evaluations, and support the delivery of Procurement internal audit engagements.
• Provide Procurement (or recommend courses) and Purchase Order training to manage the development of procurement competency.
• Guide and lead the Generic Procurement Mailbox Administration (GPMA) team.
• Analyse procurement data and trends to deliver insights and assess the effectiveness of governance processes for compliance with legislation and regulations.
Are you the one? Please write to us if you have/are
• The energy, curiosity and ambition to make a difference in an innovation agency.
• A Degree in any discipline with at least 8 years of relevant public sector working experience leading a procurement function.
• Proactive, resilient and confident in engaging multiple stakeholders of varying seniority.
• Demonstrated critical and independent thinking, good adaptability skills, capability to solve problems and think creatively.
• Strong writing and oral communication skills are a must.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to [email protected] or go to this link https://impress.ai/html-widget/chat-widget/0832d96d-f917-4be9-a3f1-3d9b904db243/
You Might Be Interested In
Associate Patent Examiner (ICT), (Patent Search, Examination and Analytics)