Technical Specialist, IT
Job Title: Technical Specialist, IT
About IPOS International
IPOS International, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intellectual Property Office of Singapore, aims to catalyse industry and enterprise growth by providing IP expertise. To achieve this, we will offer committed and passionate individuals a place where their talent and opinions are valued. To succeed as an organisation, we believe in empowering individuals while working as a team of professionals with honesty and displaying integrity as core values. We invest heavily in our people so that they get the training and development they need to succeed.
The Technical Services Management (TSM) Unit plays a pivotal role within the Corporate Planning & Support Unit. It is part of the IT unit that manages and provides operational support to ensure that the technology and digital transformation journey of IPOS International are met. Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, you will be supported by outsourced vendors and shall be responsible for the provision of professional support to
end user computing services.
The Technical Services Management (TSM) Unit plays a pivotal role in managing and providing operational support to ensure that the technology needs of IPOS International are being met. Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, this role is responsible on providing professional support to end user computing services and provide secondary support to backup the backend infrastructure duties for server, network and storage activities. These include but are not limited to the following:
• Provide L3 support on issues related to laptop and technologies like Windows 10, MS Office 365, network connectivity issues and user feedback.
• Coordination and providing support for servers, network, ICT security, desktop and operations effectively in a Windows-based environment.
• Liaison with vendors and ICT contracts to ensure that vendors meet contractual obligations.
• Handling of Procurement on infrastructure computer consumables and assisting monthly billing activities (eg. telecommunications, offsite tape storage, etc).
• Identify, update propose and develop relevant SOPs to support Technical Service Manager (TSM) and any mandatory and required documentation eg Incident Management Report.
• Proactively manage users’ expectations, interact with them to provide quality service and solutions to the issues or queries to maintain client satisfaction.
• Required to have prompt, regular attendance in-person and be available to work on-site, in-person during regular business hours and as needed.
• Works independently on a diverse range of tasks delegated by the TSM or their representative and may be relied upon to coach others especially members of IT Support Team.
• Work closely with the Technical Services Manager (TSM) on the ICT strategic review, identifying and exploiting suitable technologies, strategies and solutions to meet organization needs.
Are you the one? Please write to us if you have/are
• Mandatory to possess a degree in Information Technology, with at least 5 years of relevant experience in previous Technical Specialist roles;
• A good understanding of End User Computing Services (Laptops, BYOD, Networks, etc) in an End User Computing environment, as well as familiarity with IT infrastructure concepts;
• Meticulous and professional in handling projects and vendors;
• Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills;
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft 365 suite of products (especially doc, excel and ppt);
• Experience in managing outsourced IT service providers would be an advantage; and
• Willing to work hard and under pressure in a dynamic and challenging environment.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to [email protected] or go to this link https://impress.ai/html-widget/chat-widget/4da4a2fa-a0cb-4c5c- 9186-a434af07ff81/