Game On! IP Challenge Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions shall apply to Game On! IP Challenge Bootcamp (hereafter known the "Bootcamp”). Please read the terms carefully. This Bootcamp is organized by IPOS International Pte. Ltd. (“Organiser”) and open to all youths residing in Singapore between the ages 13 to 35 (“Participant”, collectively the “Participants”). All Participants below the age of 18 years must obtain written consent from legal guardian/parent before entering the Bootcamp.
1. In this challenge, Participants get to learn the process of creating their very own tabletop game on Intellectual Property (“IP”). Through a 3-day design thinking bootcamp, they will brainstorm ideas and create prototypes for tabletop games together with like-minded youths. The Bootcamp aims to:
2. There will be a pitching session on the 3rd day of the bootcamp for each team to present their prototype to a panel of judges. The team with the highest score will be the winner. 80% of marks will be awarded by the judging panelists and 20% of marks will be based on the votes given by the other teams. The criteria for judging are:
3. The decision of judges or panelists is final and conclusive in all circumstances. All deliberations are confidential.
4. When applicable, the Organiser may offer winners various prizes. Such prizes are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
5. Prizes are subject to availability and the Organiser reserves the right to amend, alter or revoke prizes from participants not joining the Bootcamp.
If the winner is unwilling or unable to accept the prize requirements, an alternative winner may be chosen from among all the remaining eligible entries received under the Organiser’s sole discretion.
6. The Participant is aware that ideas will be shared and disclosed to the Organiser, fellow participants, judges, partners, sponsors, third parties and other relevant stakeholders during the Bootcamp and may not be protected by copyright laws in Singapore. The Participant agrees to discharge the Organiser of any liability for any disputes arising between the Participant and other third parties in the future.
7. The Participant guarantees that he/she has sufficient ownership of intellectual property rights (trademarks, etc), programmes and/or content included in the entry for this Bootcamp, and the Participant declares there is no infringement on any intellectual property right or any other rights that any third party may hold in Singapore or abroad regarding the contents and exempting Organiser and its partners from any liability regarding the use of the above-mentioned content.
The Data Protection Officer
IPOS International Pte Ltd
1 Paya Lebar Link, #11-03 PLQ 1,
Paya Lebar Quarter
Use of Images and Recordings
9. The Organiser may take photographs and films during the Bootcamp to be used as a public record or for publicity and/or promotional purposes. The Participant gives consent and give permission to the Organiser to use these images, including any motion picture, still photograph and sound records of your voice for the purposes of the Bootcamp and in connection with the diffusion of Game On! IP Challenge and its activities which may include advertising, promotion, and marketing.
This use includes the right to reproduce, publish, represent, adapt, edit, crop, alter or modify these Images of me and combine such Images with other images, text, audio recordings and graphics without notifying the Participant. These images could be used in print and digital media formats including print publications, websites, e-marketing, posters banners, advertising, film, social media, teaching and research purposes.
Furthermore, the Participant allows the Organiser to transfer the granted rights to any third party. The Participants acknowledge that they do not expect to gain financially from their appearances in any Bootcamp-related material.
10. The Organiser reserves the right to restrict participation in the Bootcamp or disqualify any entry for any reason, including any act in violation of these rules or any unethical or disruptive conduct. The Organiser reserves the right to suspend, terminate, or modify the Bootcamp at the Organiser’s sole discretion if any fraud, technical or other factors impair the integrity or function of the Bootcamp and to seek reasonable damages, including attorney’s fees, from those responsible, if any.
Cancellation of the Event
11. The Organiser shall be entitled, in sole discretion, to cancel, delay and/or recommence the Bootcamp with immediate effect by email without any liability to the Participant.
Exclusion of Liability / Indemnity
12. Without excluding, restricting or modifying the rights and remedies to which the Participant may be entitled under applicable law or the Organiser’s liabilities under those provisions:
13. The Organiser shall not be liable to perform any of its obligations under the Bootcamp or in respect of prizes where we are unable to do so because of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances beyond our reasonable control and we shall not be liable to compensate you in such circumstances.
14. The Participant agrees to keep confidential any information which the Participant knows or reasonably ought to know is confidential and relates to the Organiser or the Bootcamp.
There is no reasonable expectation that the contents of the Participant’s entry are confidential information and that none of the sponsors, the judges, and/or panellists will be under any obligation to treat such entry and its contents as confidential information.
15. This Agreement is governed by the laws of Singapore. Any disputes related thereof or in relation with the participation in the Bootcamp shall be adjudicated by the Courts of Singapore.
16. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be unenforceable, it will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
These Terms and Conditions may be amended from time to time. Any amendments shall be effected by updating the amended Terms and Conditions on the website. The Organiser may, but is not obligated to, inform the Participant of any amendment by e-mail.
Interpretations of this agreement and determinations that a participant has breached the agreement will be made at the Organiser’s reasonable discretion and based upon facts known to us.
The failure by the Organiser to enforce any right under these Terms and Conditions will not waive the right of the Organiser to do so.